SpidersPest Control

Getting Rid of Spiders Without Pesticide

Does anyone have a non-toxic way to get rid of spiders?

By Tightwade

I have found help with food grade diatomaceous earth in my webster spider brush. It is not 100% but it eliminates some each time I use it.

Use your vacuum cleaner with a long wand. You don't have to touch them at all.

At the beginning of fall, in the produce section of your grocery store, there is a product called a hedge apple. Not sure of the technical name for these but they are about the size of a baseball, color is a light green, and they are very hard.

Put some of these in your basement, set on a piece of foil, out of reach of kids and pets. They will turn black during the winter but for some reason they work to keep spiders out of the house. Since we have started using them a few years ago we don't have spiders any longer! They do work!

I have put spearment twigs in my closets and around the house to get rid of spiders. I even put them under my dressers, beds in the kitchen under the sink, etc.
I have a storage area outside and it was full of spiders and spider webs until I placed a twig of spearment in there, and now no more spiders.