Starting Our First Family Reunion

I would like information on starting a family reunion.

Tereas from Florida

Choose a meeting place that is some what conveniant or appealing for your family and pick a date. Create invitations and send them out to everyone a few months before the reunion. Some families just have a day event and others find a place to camp for a weekend, you could even combine the two where you camp or go to a hotel for the weekend but have one day set as the Reunion day and those who could not stay the weekend can make it for just that one day.
I hope that helps,
Stella

7 SIMPLE STEPS

1. Find families names/addresses in the phonebook.
2. Find nearest Hall and ask for the cost of however many cups, plates etc, what you will need.

3. Start jotting down a list of food and snacks.
4. Start thinking of fun games to play, (like egg and spoon race, potato sack race etc...
5. Write out your Reunion letter to the addresses.
6.Make sure you know exactly how many are coming before ordering the drinks, cups, plates.
7. Have a speech ready for when you are all together.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Deborah

How do I write a letter to inform my family members that a group of us planning a reunion

I think I overdid in helping my two sisters to start a family reunion to honor my now deceased parents of 10. I have a computer so I was able to make invitations, send to relatives and their heirs allowing the main members to conact their heirs. In July 2005, we used a patriotic theme (just a thought), rented a shelter house or an area squad bldg at a nominal price, used cheap plastic tablecloths plus centerpieces; contacted family through mail or telephone. My best to you. Ours continues this year, next month with a fall motif or you don't need one a motif at all. Make a list of those invited so as not to overlook someone. norma

We are planning a family reunion and I need to know how to write the first letter, not in full details, but to say we are having one and when. I don't know what else to say after that. Can you give me the format on what to say?

By Felicia

Answers

Use the standard for all writing. Who,what,when, where and if necessary how. So here goes:
You are cordially invited to the Jones family reunion.to be held at : John Smith's house at 34 Pine St., any town.
On : June 1st, 2011. drinks will be provided.bring your own : plates and utensils.bring a dessert or other dish you would like to share.
4-8 pm or longer. Rain or shine. Bring your outdoor chairs if you wish to sit other than at tables. Hope to see you there.

Tell them what, where, when and where to RSVP and that you hope they can make it. You might also tell them what they can bring and even suggest if they have old pictures they bring them to show or even make computer copies to hand out.

You say not full details. Is this similar to a "save the date" type announcement? If so, I'd send out postcards (cheaper on postage) with something like:
Smith Family Reunion. Mark your calanders for August 1, 2011.
If you'd like to help with the plans, please contact Jane Smith at (123) 456-7899.

Or, you can start with a "save the date" announcement, with details to follow!