BeveragesRecipes

Cheap Coffee Fixers and Creamer Recipes

I am looking for ways to make cheap coffees taste better and creamer recipes, anything you can share?

I am no stranger to dirt cheap coffee - but I do like to splurge on better quality and some gourmet coffees now and then. I spoon a little sugar into a cheap grade of coffee and let it brew along with the grounds - it's amazing how much nicer this will make it taste!

I have a few coffee syrups but they are rather expensive - I have thought about adding a few drops of vanilla or other to enhance it but so far have only thought about it.

Do any of you use rose petals, lavender or other edible flowers in sugars? Does anyone have any creamer recipes to turn it from brown bag ordinary into something a little nicer? I would LOVE to know!

melody_yesterday

Thisi s kind of off the subject more or less, but I mix up a bottle of coffee and keep it in the fridge. Then when I am in the mood for a cold coffee, It is already cold, if I want a frozen coffee, I put in in a cup of shaved ice from the snow cone maker, if I want it hot I put in the microwave. I usually don't put vanilla or almond extract in until it is hot and out of the microwave. When the coffee sits in the fridge like this, it gets better tasting. I just measure the amount of cups the bottle will hold and then put the normal amount of instant coffee and cream and sugar times that amount in the bottle full of water. This is a great timesaver for me! It tastes like the bottled coffee you buy at the store for five dollars a pop! You can also make frozen pops out of them for desert!

For a lovely cool weather coffee, before brewing, sprinkle cinnamon, generously, over the top of the coffee. The flavor will brew right into the coffee. No one wll ever know you used cheap coffee. This is one of my favorites as far as flavored coffee goes.

I buy the flavored coffee creamers and mix them with an equal amount of regular creamer. It still tastes good and I have twice the original amount of flavored creamer. I use French Vanilla, Hazelnut and Amaretto with good results.
Harlean from Arkansas

I add two or three capfuls of vanilla flavoring to a can of regular coffee. You can also add a few sprinkles of cocoa or cinnamon or whatever flavor you want to either the can or the filter when you brew it.

Sharon

Try this website. www.hillbillyhousewife.com there are several coffee mixes that you can make. I give them as gifts at Christmas and everyone loves them.

If you like cinnamon, put a cinnamon stick in the coffee filter along with the coffee and you'll have amazing cinnamon flavored coffee.