When Are You Being Too Frugal?

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 846 Posts

When Are You Being Too Frugal?The definition of frugal is "Prudence in Avoiding Waste". We all should be wise and thrifty, and reuse or recycle where possible, but here are some indicators when you just might be going too far to be frugal and are simply being cheap or possibly hoarding:

Does anyone here at ThriftyFun have any other ideas to share of what might be going too far to be frugal?

Top Comment

I absolutely agree with everything, except: "You deny yourself even the tiniest of treats that would be good for you emotionally...". I don't understand the concept of splurging as a necessity. Why would I pay four dollars for a cup of coffee when I can make it at home for pennies? Does the $10 body lotion moisturize better than my free samples or cheap after coupon buys?

Why pay $30 to eat out when I can cook all natural foods for a week at home for the same price? I don't feel that I am denying myself anything by being frugal. Instead, I have more money that can be allocated to other areas: seeds, charity, home repair, savings, etc.

More Solutions

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 555 Posts

After watching some TV shows tout frugality that aren't really in our best interest, I wanted to express what I think is not frugal.

A orange and yellow flowered wallet with money sticking out the top.

Better Living Frugal Living AdviceNovember 19, 2016
🎃
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf42140868.tip.html