LaundryCleaning

Washing a T-shirt Bra

How do I wash and dry a T-shirt bra (a bra made specially to wear with T shirts). Suggestions? Thanks.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

You can hand wash it, or buy a zip up bra bag from the everythings a dollar store, or make your own out of an old pillowcase, just tie up the top. Wash in machine on delicate, then be sure to hang dry. I am sure that if you are crafty, you could make one out of the mesh bags that onions and oranges come in!

I do the same as fatboyslimsmom (where'd you come up with that name?) and it works well for me.

Hand wash and hang to dry, good luck.

I get the best results using a bra wash bag. Target carries one made by Tide. I have found others in dollar-type stores. They are more firmly constructed than a regular lingerie wash bag. Some brands of bras don't wash well in the washing machine no matter what precautions are taken--the cups get all crushed and misshapen, especially those that are made with a lot of foam padding.

I get the best results from microfiber bras that have a very thin backing. Hang to dry, do not put in dryer. HTH

Every bra should be hand washed nightly after wearing it. The sweat and oil from your skin will stretch the bra out of shape if not washed regularly. Most people think the bra gets stretched from wear. This isn't true. The fabric does not like oil, sweat and perfumes.