Installing a Painted Wood Floor?

I want to install a wood floor over a concrete floor and I want to paint it white. Does anyone know how to proceed? What type of flooring do I purchase?

MJ from G-burg, WI

I have a wood floor (prefinished) over concrete and BEWARE. My refrigerator leaked and ruined the pre-finished floor. If they tear it out it will damage the concrete underneath, then the floor will have to be "floated" to re-level it. A friend of mine (met him after the floor was down) owns a hardwood floor company and if I had it to do again, I would use REAL wood, UNFINISHED and then have it stained or painted. This way, if some mishap occurs, the floor can be sanded rather than torn out. Any reputable hardwood floor installer could tell you what is available. If you are using carpeting and wood, you will want to go with 1/2 or less, thick wood so there is not such a difference from one floor to the other where they meet. Also take into consideration the use of the floor. Some wood is harder than others and will not dent or ding as easily. I hope this is helpful to you. Installing a wood floor is not an easy task and requires special equipment (sanding, screening, etc) I would suggest you get some quotes from a pro for the install and then save money by finishing it yourself. Check outlets and surplus stores for the wood.

Home and Garden Home Improvement FlooringFebruary 1, 2006
🐛
😎
🌻
🎆
😷

FlooringHome Improvement