AdviceBeauty

Permanent Eye Liner in NJ

Can any one tell me a good place in Old Bridge, NJ or in the area that does good permanent eye liner?

Christy from Old Bridge, NJ

I used to really like dyed-on eyeliner, it lasted for several months. My stylist told me that insurance and liability are reducing eye-related services throughout the field of cosmetology. Sorry, hope you find someone!

I can't tell you where to get that done, but I also can't understand why you would want to have that done. I have seen people who have aged since they had permanent eyeliner put on, and they don't look good. What is right for one age person is not right for the same person ten years from now. Not to mention, styles change so much. Oh, well, please don't be offended by my opinion, hope you enjoy it, if you find someone in your area.

Please reconsider this...really.

I just checked into this in my area. I was told that this lady only does a thin line. If you wanted it thicker, you'd have to draw it on, since styles of makeup change from one decade to another. She also prefers not to do a solid black line, since it goes out of style too quickly and people are usually sorry they had black done. Most will get another color that they like or maybe mix two other colors. I talked to a lot of people who had it done before I went in for the consultation so I'd know what questions to ask and to help me decide whether I wanted it or not. Be aware that permanent make-up dyes are very different from tattoo dyes.

Look in the yellow pages for permanent cosmetics but you should see some of the work in person, like someone else who has had the work done that you would like.
I am almost 60 yrs old and had eyeliner "done" last year. I love it. Never could get the stuff on straight by myself. Good luck and happy hunting.

Hi, I don't live in your area, I'm out on Long Island but, I believe some of the more progressive Dermatologists,are now applying permanent make-up. Somehow, I personally might feel more comfortable having it done by a medical professional.(I'm also open minded as I have a tattoo..lol.) Also, I know that a lot of the Plastic Surgeons are now doing it as well.My X-Sister-in-Law had it done and it looked really nice on her. She got hers done when she was 48 at a Tattoo shop. The Tattoo artist was trained by a plastic surgeon! A lot of people here seem a bit skeptical but, they also have to realize that maybe not everyone can tolerate make-up(allergies) etc. I know there can always be a risk but, if you find someone reliable, I'm sure you will be fine. Good Luck with it! Elaine