Mothball Smell on Photo Albums?

How do I get the odor of moth balls out of old photo albums?

Ingrid from Blind Bay, BC

I am not sure this smell will fade at all. Thats a pretty strong smell. but.. I had books that I was sure I couldnt get the odor of ciggeretts
out of. But I hung them over the clothes line and every day till it was gone. Maby you can try that. It took several days. Anything is worth a try. Good luck!

By Donna Pacholok (Guest Post)

Wrap the photo albums in four or five layers of fresh news paper and them put them in a large plastic garbage bag. Fill the rest of the room in bag up with scrunched up news paper and then close the bag tight with a tie wrap.

Leave the bag closed for a week and then take your photo albums out. The paper will have absorbed the smell. You may have to repeat this more than once if the smell is very strong.

By kidsNclutter (Guest Post)

If they are not heirloom albums, purchase new albums & put the photos in those, toss the stinky ones. That mothball smell is actually a nerve toxin, poison, recent research proves. If they albums themselves have sentimental value, good luck.

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsMarch 16, 2007
👒
👔
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf42823135.tip.html