Use Music for Cleaning Motivation

Music is a wonderful aid to motivate me to do household chores. When I'm just "not in the mood" for cleaning, dishes, laundry, etc. I pick the JUST RIGHT tune to get me going. It works for me and I have suggested it to my friends also. I have "doing dishes" music; "vacuuming" music; "cooking and dishes" music; and so forth and so on.

By darlene from St. Louis, MO

I do the same thing! When my kids were teenagers and if they came home to "ABBA" playing at full blast, they knew they had work to do! *L*

At our house, we have a montage of happy working songs, al la Disney.

I learned this trick from my Mom. Sometimes she would even sing along. I have been doing this since I got married. Sure makes the chores go down a lot easier. :D

Music was always a great cleaning motivator, we loved boogieing around to mom's faves while "gettin' 'er done," lol!

Now that I'm an empty-nester and blind to boot, what works for me is listening to whatever book is in my Talking Book player. A Jeffery Deaver book accompanied the dusting I did earlier today.

There's nothing like the Beach Boys to get me moving!

I realized this trick when I moved into a house that had no dishwasher. I found that if you have a Blackberry cell phone or other smart phone, you can download Pandora for free and choose a station. I put that on, and it makes my least favorite chore (dishes) go quite a bit quicker!

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceAugust 4, 2010
🌻
🎂
📓