Keeping Measuring Cups and Spoons Handy

Hooks in Cabinet

I keep a set of measuring cups and measuring spoons on a short row of cup hooks on the inside of my kitchen cabinet door. They are easily visible when the door is opened and whats more important easily accessible. I think the inside of cabinet doors are perfect places for some items.

I also keep a set of baking measurements, pan size equivalents, etc. inside another cabinet door.

Saves searching cookbooks to find how many teaspoons make a tablespoon or how much a square pan holds compared to a round baking dish.

By PatsAZ from Arizona, in the desert

Magnet Hook

To keep measuring spoons handy, I placed a magnet with a hook on the side of my stove and on the side of my refrigerator. I hang a pair of measuring spoons on the hook.

I always know where they are and I don't have to rummage through the kitchen drawers when I need measuring spoons.

By WandaJo from Tennessee

Great idea!!!

good idea.......I'm forever losing them in that bermuda drawer of disasters.....thanx for sharing :0)

Great idea. One of my magnets on my icebox is one shaped like a teapot that has a list of basic food or liquid substitutions one can use when baking. This is extremely handy, so I don't have to go rummaging thru my cookbooks, upon finding out I'm low on ingredients, for a substitution chart.

To keep measuring spoons handy, I placed a magnet with a hook on the side of my stove and on the side of my refrigerator. I hang a pair of measuring spoons on the hook and I always know where they are and I don't have to rummage through the kitchen drawers when I needed measuring spoons.

By WandaJo from Tennessee

I have a ceiling to floor pegboard in my "pantry" where I have everything in easy reach--measuring spoons & cups, oven mitts, spatulas, kitchen shears portable mixer, cookie sheets--anything that has a hole in handle or resting on larger hooks--so I just turn around and can find anything at a glance.