Vegetarian Pie Recipes
A delicious main course can be a cheesy veggie pie made with a variety of cheeses and nutritious vegetables. This page contains vegetarian pie recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A completely vegetarian pie from our garden produce; savory, hearty, and delicious!
Total Time: 90 mintues including 60 to cook
Yield: 6 to 8
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 zucchini or yellow squash, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 3 or 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- dash garlic powder
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 10 inch pie shell, baked at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut and saute all vegetables in the butter mixture in frying pan until crisp, but not soft.
- Drain well, add salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Put aside.
- Combine mayo and mozzarella cheese.
- Place tomato slices in the bottom of the pie shell. Add the veggies, then spread the mayo-cheese mixture over veggies and bake uncovered at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let it cool slightly, then enjoy!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.