Product FinderConsumer Advice

Sources of Sewing Material Scraps

I am in need of sewing material scraps can anyone help me? Where might I find them?

By Sylvia from Birmingham, AL

Have you heard of"freecycle.com". It's where people post things to give away free or you can request your need.

Have you tried garage sales? I couldn't believe how many bags of scraps my mom sold at hers.

Have you checked Craigslist in your area? They have a 'free' section as well as an arts & crafts section. Check garage, yard sales & thrift stores. I have bought a lot of fabric scraps at places like Salvation Army & Habitat for Humanity thrift stores for next to nothing.

Good Luck!

Since you live in Bellingham you should go to one of the America's Thrift Stores. There's one in Roebuck & in Pell City. I've found some great deals on fabric.

Why don't you use discarded clothing. There are so many clothes on the market you can get them for practically nothing at yard sales, etc. Plus you have the added benefit of choosing your own colors.

Best Wishes,

Gem

I get all my scrap material for free, just go on this link in your area, sign up for free, and post your looking for scrap material. http://groups.f  ycle/description

You must have a yahoo email address to join.

I have loads of scraps, big & little pieces. I often send my scraps to others. If you can tell me fabric content & minimum size & are willing to pay shipping for flat rate envelope (about $5), I can send you an assortment of colors, etc. Sorry, I deleted my last scrap fabric pic.

You might try Alchemy on Etsy.com too.

I agree with keeper60, Freecycle is a great resource for people who would prefer to give something away than throw it away. I checked online and there is aparently a freecycle group in Birmingham, AL. Good Luck! By the way, it is a Yahoo group.