AdviceCleaning

Wax on Dryer With Clothes on It

I spilled hot wax on my dryer and my clothes what can I do?

Arlene

By Carlye (Guest Post)

The easiest way to get wax out of clothing or carpet is to place a brown paper bag on top of the wax and lightly iron until all of the wax is out of the article. You will probably use a few paper bags(lunch sacks work fine) to absorb all the wax depending on how much there is. To get it off your dryer just take a blow dryer and warm it to a melting point then wipe off. I hope this helps.

By jen (Guest Post)

the only thing i cant think of is to put newspaper over it and use an iron to heat it off. Then change the paper often when it gets soaked with wax...

As for the clothes, as long as they can be ironed (check the tags) place an old towel or piece of wax paper over the wax and iron over it .. the wax will transfer to the towel or paper. As for the dryer, I'd just let it cool and try to GENTLY scrape it off. My mom melted stains from crayons inside the drier with a lighter and wiping them away .. that might be your best bet!

Good Luck!