MiscellaneousCleaning

Removing Odor from Hands

Category Miscellaneous

An easy way to remove odor from hands is to NOT USE HOT WATER FIRST as it dialates the pores of the skin and the odor is sucked up into your flesh. Lather well first and start rinsing off above the lather; THEN you can use hot water if you like.

To get clean hands and under nails, figure the time of a few bars of "Olde Man Donald Had a Farm" and also drag tips of the nails across the palm of your hands to clean under nails. To rinse start above the lather and rinse down.

By MaryBelle Wright

A good way to get the taste and smell off your hands when you cut smelly foods or hot foods, is to rinse your hands in milk.

By Diana

After peeling onions or garlic, I pour table salt into the palm of one hand and rub my hands together under running water. It's not failed me yet, and it doesn't take much salt.

Terry from ChilliOH

Another way after fooling with garlic, onions, fish or even bleach is to rub hands under running water (cold is ok) with a stainless steel spoon or such. There are gadgets made for this purpose, but I find a spoon does about as well. Then you don't have to waste milk, etc.!

Rub your fingers on a large stainless kitchen knife or spoon.

By (Guest Post)

Thanks to all of you! I used the milk and stainless steel spoon and finally removed the bleach smell from my hands!