A Box for Donations

I keep a box handy for donations to charity. Taped on the box is a blank donation form to list the items on. When the box is full I donate and get another blank for my next box. This is a great way to get rid of items that I seem to run across daily that I don't need or want anymore and are too good to throw away.

By Clramsey from Ponca City, OK

I have started keeping a box for donations to help others at our local Helping Hands Store. Each time I pick up something to put away, I think to myself, do we really need this, or could someone else use it more then my family? I make it a point to try to put one item in the donation box each day.

My husband and I found it hard to part with "stuff" until we thought of the donation box. We both still have a long way to go, but this is a great start. Out Grandson saw the box in the garage last week, now he has one at home for his family. Pass it on, it is a good thing!

By Bobbie from Rockwall, TX

Answers:

A Box for Donations

This is a very good idea! We all have too much accumulation and clutter. I don't use a box but just a plastic grocery bag.....I wait till I have 1 or 2 full and then take to a drop box in front of our grocery store. I feel good about getting things out of our house but knowing someone less fortunate will be able to use! (03/25/2006)

By Debbie52