AdvicePets

Family Feud - Dog and Cat Fighting

I have many animals. Two of these animals cannot get along very well, my dog (a Lhasa Apso mixed w/ Scottish Terrier and Jack Russel Terrier, 4 years old) Misty and my cat (long haired marmalade tabby 9 years old) Butterpatch.

As for Misty, well, she tends to chase my cat outdoors while indoors she is as harmless as ever. Butterpatch does not like Misty at all and has every bit of power over her--yet he does not use it.

Does anyone know how to stop them from fighting?

We have had a few dogs before Misty, one was Sophie (a German Sheperd and ???) who was young and always chewing things. Luckily, none of those things was Butterpatch, but one happened to be my little Rooster Chicken named Sunny. We had five chickens, 2 roosters and 3 hens--Sunny was eaten before he could see his permanent home. Another dog was the most recent, Hank. He was a Border Collie/Pointer/Lab. He loved to lick and bark--and bite. Fortunately, they were only friendly bites and any bite he issued was NOT to my cat. He was virtually unharmed.

Thanks so much,
Natalia--Austria-Colorado

By Linda (Guest Post)

My Lhasa is a little bitch, literally and figuratively so it must be breed trait.

By Jannie (Guest Post)

I have a red-nosed pit bull and 4 cats..the female cat should have been a female dog..she is a bi*ch!!..she don't get along with anybody..the dog (female) and the 3 male cats get along just fine..they play together all the time..good luck..

My friend had and has another Lhaso ugghhh...
however I have a jack russell terrier and cat so

they FIGHT like cats & dogs... anyway they bite each
other on butt and run like crazy or else wrestle and
bit each other's faces, now the cat is heaver and
tall the dog she holds her own. Then one night I caught them cuddled up on couch I took a picture as
my husband refused to believe me...we were so upset as we thought one of them would have to
be put outside, they live the spoiled life inside
anyway you can see the picture here at thriftyfun.com at the pets section and it says
caught-cookie and scottie.
they do not like each other during day and
at night they cuddle......little wierdos but we love them.
Annie

By Jannie (Guest Post)