Attaching Pieces of a Tea Set to Tile

I want to attach broken pieces of a miniature tea set to tile and use as a back splash in my kitchen-with a 3-D effect. Any ideas?

Linda from Levittown, PA

Well, I suppose you could do this and use some type of grout or
cement etc to hold it in place. I'm sure it would be beautiful. I
am not crafty with my hands at all. Everything I attempt turns
to.. yuk! But I did a search on broken china pieces and found this..
a friend has a bird house made in this fashion. It's absolutely

By jane (Guest Post)

I am learning to do mosaics and I belong to a yahoo group. I've learned a lot from the wonderful people there.

I would also check out There are a lot of visual ideas there. It can be done!! Don't give up!

I've done a little mosaic work, and I know that clear epoxy resin for casting is available at most arts and craft stores. That stuff is really strong (and clear), and should hold your crafts in place. Just make sure to seal the paint and follow directions on the epoxy resin. If you don't have access to an arts and crafts store, a building supply store should have something like 2-part epoxy glue. Get the clear kind and follow directions - that stuff is strong! Good luck!

By marilyn front royal VA (Guest Post)

Home improvement stores have the supplies to make mosaics, and the cement and grout are oless expensive than they are at craft stores. Casting resin, in particular, is pricey.

Before you do this, consider the challenge of cleaning it, especially in the kitchen. If all the bits are just cemented to a piece of tile you'll have a crud-grabber. I would make a form, and use casting resin to completely bury the pieces. I do these kinds of things, so I know the challenges. You might do better making a wall plaque. blind_quilter