TablesFurniture

Repairing Inlaid Leather Table Tops

I have a round leather top coffee table and over the years it has been badly marked up. Is it possible to repair at home or does anyone know where to have the top replaced?

By Patricia Cossart from Albany, NY

Yes, if you are an expert with an exacto knife, know glues for leather VERY well, have much experience with finest, thinnest book/table leather, AND have the exact color of leather to patch with (if needed), or the EXACT set of marking/paint pens from Hobby Lobby with which to use the various paints to retouch tiny nicks/dents/hairline scratches/ errors.

I'm NONE of these things, but one day, perhaps this Summer or Fall, I will attempt to repair an extensively
damaged totally leather, exquisite when new, drum table that looks like it's full of hard-backed books, but is
multi-colored leather in a hidden door/cabinet beneath it!

I'll wish you luck and you pray for me. If I ever get it done, and it's a success, I'll share it on ThriftyFun.

God bless you and help us both? : )

P.S. I've placed this whole article in my Favorites file for future reference and additional info. You might want to do the same?

I have two lamp/side tables that have inlaid leather table tops. Through years of neglect one of the leather tops became un-attached and shrank. The other is still attached, but is badly discolored and stained with white ring marks. Is there any way I can repair these tops or should I just scrap it?

Paula from Globe, AZ

Answers: