Main DishesRecipes

Ground Beef and Vegetable Plate

This is a special recipe I like, not only because of the foods in it, but also the spices. I am making a point of using more spices, especially cinnamon.

• 1/2 lb. ground beef
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 (4 1/2 oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 (4 1/2 oz.) can beef broth
  • 1 1/2 cups Penne pasta
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
  • 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
  • 2 Tbsp. dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1 can small potatoes drained (optional)

Directions:

In large skillet cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.

In a large saucepan, bring broth and tomatoes to a boil. Add Penne pasta, reduce heat and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes, uncovered, until pasta is done.

Drain the beef mixture and add to pasta. Stir in the beans, tomato paste, oregano, garlic powder, cinnamon, and potatoes. Heat through. Serve.

Servings: 4
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes

Source: I have a collection of recipes I have had for a long while. They have kind of morphed over the years. I adjust them as needed.

By Robyn from TN

This sounds good.I've also started using more spices and read about the many benefits of more cinnamon.
Thanks for sharing.
Keeper

Even my primary doctor talks about the benefits of eating certain foods, and spices that either keep us or help us be healthier. Cinnamon is at the top of the list for help with diabetes, and will possibly help with avoiding even having to deal with it. She eats a teaspoonful of ground cinnamon every day one way or the other. On toast with a little butter and sugar and the same for oatmeal, cream-of-wheat, rice and other cooked cereals.

She even sprinkles it on dry cereals like shredded wheat which I find I like very well too. And Wheat Chex is simply delicious with brown sugar, cinnamon and milk. We learn something new every day if we're lucky. Your recipe for meat and vegetables is one that'll be fun to try. Thank you
Robin.