Teacher Pencil Box

Teachers are special and it's nice to show them they are appreciated by giving them a little gift for Christmas. Here is a cute and inexpensive project that any teacher would enjoy.

Approximate Time:

• wood nesting baskets
  • pencils, crayons or colored pencils - your choice
  • trims - your choice
  • glue
  • paint
  • craft knife

Instructions:

1. I used little wood nesting baskets. They come 3 to a set and can be purchased in any craft store. Each one is slightly smaller and they fit inside of each other. You could also use a small heavy cardboard box or an empty can.

2. Paint the entire box in your choice of color. I painted the sides of mine black and then used white to make pictures, numbers, and such so they resemble chalkboards.

3. Once paint was dry, I then varnished the box. I made all three baskets and used a different writing implement for each. The crayons fit on the smallest basket so there was no cutting involved, but the pencils and colored pencils had to be sized.

4. If needing to cut pencils, measure length needed and using craft knife, score completely around pencil. Hold both ends close to scoring line and snap to break. Use sandpaper or emory board and rub off any rough edges.

5. Lay pencils or crayons on box to determine how many you will need. When ready, glue each onto box. I use E6000 glue. It dries clear and adheres fast. It's a great glue for crafting.

6. I had some measuring tapes already on hand and cut pieces from these to wrap around box.

7. There are many good sites on the internet that offer free printing for school related pictures. I printed out some and covered them in clear contact paper and glued them to the boxes. Another idea would be to print out letter boxes and spell the teacher's name.

8. Put a package of pencils in the box, then wrap with clear cellophane and tie the top with a red bow.

Here are some other designs I used.

By Mary from Palm Coast, FL

About The Author: Mary is half of a creative team in a craft oriented website. Here you will find pages of free projects and patterns in a wide variety of categories, with an entire section made especially for kids. There also is a gift shop where you can purchase unique handmade items such as collectible dolls, toys and home decor. They offer free sayings, tips, ideas and humor. Enter their contests for a chance to win great prizes. Visit them at www.craftingtales.weebly.com

So clever and perfect for teachers.

I love these little boxes. I have used them for a Valentines Day Post, too. These are inventive and festive and I love them!

AS a preschool teacher, I love these!

Crafts GiftsNovember 4, 2011
😷
🌻
🐛
📓
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf45764132.tip.html

GiftsCrafts