Zippered Earbud Cover

Put an end to those tangled earbuds forever!

Approximate Time: 1 hour

• zipper
  • earbuds
  • matching thread
  • needle
  • scissors

Instructions:

Tired of tangled cords on your earbuds, this will solve that problem for you.

As long as your zipper is at least as long as your earbuds you are okay, you can cut off the extra length. Mine was only long enough to cover the cords up to where they join and become one. If you can find one long enough to enclose your earbuds from end to end I would do that.

1. If you can't find a zipper the correct length, measure the cords of your earbud and cut your zipper the same length. Measure from the end that doesn't come apart. I found with my narrow zipper it was easier to work with it unzipped.

2. Starting at the earbuds line up the left ear bud on the wrong side of left side of the zipper.
  3. Place the earbud around an inch above the end of the zipper.
  4. Advertisement

5. Roll the zipper fabric over the cord and do a running stitch to secure it in place.

6. Stitch all the way to the bottom, then take a couple of stitches to tie this side off.
    You don't need to cut your thread, just continue on sewing the fabric around the metal end of the zipper then continue up the right hand side covering the right earbud cord.
  7. Take a few stitches in place to tie off your threads and you have a neat set of earbuds.

Now you can throw them in your bag without the worry of them tangling or getting broken. Just unzip them when you are ready to use them.

By Ann Winberg from Loup City, NE

Clever as ever!

I'm Amazed!
Love it, thumbs up!
Robyn

What a great idea!
Now, does anyone have an idea on how to keep the cords completely out of harms way? I'm a sewer, and on more than one occasion, I've cut right through the cords with my scissors! I've placed the cords across tha back of my neck, but sometimes feel as if I'm going to strangle myself.

Thanks!

If you wear glasses like I do to sew with, get some of those foam sunglass tubes. If you can, string the wires through those and you won't cut through them. They are bright and pretty resilient. Hope that helps. PBP

Genius!

Insanely brilliant - thanks!

This is great; will save me time from untying knots all the time.

that is unbelievably clever - I bet that they prevent them from breaking too, which happens so often

if i were handy with the sewing business I'd get right on it. HOnestly i kind of wish you'd sell/market these

Crafts OtherAugust 25, 2011
🍀
🐰
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf45766688.tip.html