Glitter Coming Off an Evening Gown

Is there a way to stop glitter from coming off evening gown? There is a spiral type design with glitter on it throughout the gown. After getting up from sitting, there is glitter all over the chair. I've only worn the gown once because of this problem.

Pikkymama

When I was little in dance, they sprayed hairspray on our costumes to keep the glitter on. Maybe that would help?

Thank you Corrie for your suggestion. I'm going to see Phantom of the Opera in Oct and want to wear this gown, but I don't want to leave glitter everywhere! I'm going to try your suggestion at home first. Thanks again.

If you are careful, you can try to put clear nail polish on. But be care of the fabric.

If you have already lost a lot of glitter on your gown, you go to a fabric shop, Lowe's any kind of craft shop. You can buy glitter glue for fabric in different color's and just repair the gown. This way you do not have to worry about hurting the material. Although I will have to remember Dyan's idea. I am into crafts and that just might come in handy. Thanks Dyan! And Pikkymama you will love the Phantom of the opera! My daughter and I saw it in Toronto and it was just wonderful. I would love to see it again. I do not have to tell you have fun. I already know you will! darlene

Thank you Dyan and Darlene both for your suggestions. I haven't lost a lot of glitter - it falls off a little when I walk and leaves a little glitter behind after sitting. The design is thin spiral type lines with glitter throughout the gown. I can hardly wait to see Phantom - I heard it was excellent. We're going to Las Vegas to see it. I have worn out the VHS already from watching the movie so much! I now have it on DVD. Thank you for telling me how much you enjoyed it Darlene. It'll be fun. Pikkymama