Fixative to Prevent Glitter from Coming Off Dress

Is there a fixative for fabric to keep glitter from falling off excessively? I have a mother-of-the groom dress with an empire waist. The cloth above the waist has glitter threads throughout. It sheds glitter easily.

A friend suggested I buy a fixative to spray on it to keep most of the glitter from falling off. I have a few concerns: 1) would the white cloth turn yellow? 2) would the fabric feel tacky after the fixative dries? 3) would sewing alterations be made difficult, or would the needle on the sewing machine become gummed up?

By JLW

I would spray it with hair spray, you can't see it and a dry cleaning can take it out of the material IF you are concerned about it. Good luck!

How about spraying a little unscented hairspray on it? You can always spray a light cologne to get rid of the alcohol smell in it. And it Is sticky & cheap! Good Luck. : )

Try Mod Podge Spray

Consumer Advice Clothing RepairingJune 8, 2011
🐛
🌻
📓