AdviceCleaning

Removing Window Clings from Plastic Windows

Can anyone tell me how to remove window clings (plastic stained glass effect) from plastic caravan windows. I have tried heat and ice with no luck at all. I can't scrape them off as the windows are plastic. Can anyone help as I have no other ideas. I would be very grateful. Thanks.

By M Taggart from Scotland

Have you tried alcohol? If you can get an edge or a corner started, then take a cotton ball soaked to dripping in alcohol and wipe the glass (sorry, plastic but should work just the same) right at where it's coming away from the plastic window. It's a slow process but it should work.

If the alcohol doesn't work try getting a product called Goo gone and do the same thing with it (only don't use as much of course).

One of these should work tho. I'd try the alcohol first simply cause it's cheaper and if it doesn't work you can always use it for something else.Good luck!

Not sure how alcohol will effect acrylic/plastic windows. Test a patch first. Have you tried cooking oil? Try working it in around the edge and it might make it slippery enough to remove.

Also I think the Goo-Gone might be a good try as well. Test before applying in a large area! Some Goo Gone packages come with a plastic scraper that won't scratch your surface. I just got one last week in my package. Good Luck!