Making Candles Fit into Candle Holders

If your candle is too large to fit in the candle holder, you can shave it down to make the end smaller. This is a guide about making candles fit into candle holders.

Candles too thick for your candle holders? Just dip the end of the candle into hot (just boiled) water for a few moments to soften the wax, immediately push the candle into the candle holders and the excess will be pushed out of the way.

By Irish

How do I stabilize candles that are slightly too loose in the candle holders?

By Shirley Ann S.

Answers

Best Answer

I take another used candle, light it, and let the wax drip into the candle holder. Then while the wax is still liquidy, I put my new candle in the holder and hold it in an upright position until the melted wax in the bottom cools.

Best Answer

If you hold the candle over a stove burner until slightly softened, then it can be put in the holder. If you add a few drops of water to the holder before inserting the candle, the wax will not stick and clean up will be easier.

Best Answer

You can also dip the holder in hot water before putting the candle into them and they will form into the candle.

Best Answer

You could also try wrapping a rubber band around the candle base, and it should help a too small candle fit into a larger holed stick.

Best Answer

As a wedding hostess I used narrow strips of waxed paper, wrapped until the right thickness, then pressed and twisting candle down into holder, it fit perfectly that way. You can also use plain tape and then wrap the base until the thickness you need. I prefer the wax paper, though.

Best Answer

I use toothpicks. Just poke a toothpick into the candle holder next to the candle, then break off the toothpick at the base.

Use as many toothpicks as necessary to wedge the candle in tightly.