Use Pegboard to Hang Kitchen Tools

contest winner icon

I also have a small kitchen and what I had my husband do is to put up pegboard on the wall. I hung all my pans and extra items like the measuring spoons, etc. I also color coordinated them and used an accent color, red, with the utensils I put up there. I painted the board white like all my walls and it made it look so much bigger.

Source: Just in my head. I like decorating. I paint pictures and make things out of junk. Recycling is possible with most things people throw out.

By Bonnie from Brownsville, TX

Cute kitchen, and the pegboard really works in there! Love the red and white, the kitchen looks modern and functional, yet very retro, too.

I have a medium-small kitchen with the one wall by the window wide enough for two pegboard panels. I covered them with blue-and-white-checked Contact vinyl paper. After hanging the panels, I determined where my utensils, copper pots, etc. should go. I then placed the hooks and hung the items. It stayed up just fine for a few years, but then, to my horror one night, I heard a crash.

It was the panels, pulling off the wall. I had forgotten that, when hanging something(s) with weight, always use screw anchors in wallboard. I have yet to replace the panels (illness and age!) but when I do, I'll surely remember. (I had used at least nine screws per panel, but they all came out!)

That microwave sitting next to the stove isn't that dangerous.