Eggs That Crack While Boiling

If you have an egg that cracks while boiling all you have to do is add a little vinegar to the water and it will help the shell to seal so your egg will still be good.

By Robin

If you are hardboiling eggs, put them in a pot, cover with cold water, bring to a full boil, immediately remove from heat, and let sit for 20 minutes (no less!). Lift from water with pasta server, and place in ice water to cover. When eggs are cool, dry off and store or prepare. If storing, use pencil to write on each egg "H" for "hardboiled" and put in bowl in refrigerator for future use. No cracked eggs! If you are unsure if this works, the first time sprinkle a little salt in the water before heating. This will seal. Don't know about you, but I always have salt on hand even if I'm out of vinegar. The salt works for 3-min. eggs, too.

By Becky (Guest Post)

What I do to prevent eggs from cracking is to take a striaght pin and put a hole in the fat end of the egg. I bring my water to a boil and put in salt, then careful lower eggs into water with a spoon, boil gently for 15 mins.

then run cold water in pan when done. I very, very rarely ever have a egg to crack.