Product ComplaintsConsumer Advice

Magnet Screen From Dollar General

I bought the screen that snaps shut with magnets for around ten dollars at the Dollar General to see how it worked. It was not even two days before the dogs and cats had it down, torn, and the furniture tacks that were helping to hold the screen in place were sharp point upwards right in front of the door. If someone had stepped on them, they would surely hurt really bad and need an ER trip. They are very sharp and long.

My advice is not to use this product if there are any small children or pets. The least amount of pulling from the sides will dislodge the tacks and the material tears really easily. Then the young children could swallow the tacks. I will be putting up my panels on the pressure rods again this year.

By Robyn from Tri-Cities, TN

Anonymous

Robyn, I feel badly for you that you chose to use the tack attachment rather than the self adhesive hook and loop strips that come with the Magic Mesh screens. The hook and loop strip is what I am using and it works great. If you still have the hook and loop strips from the original packaging you should use those instead so you don't have to worry if naughty children or pets pull them down. You can just put it back up without worrying about injury from stepping on the tacks.

My husband also purchased one for our door and it did not last long either. I agree, don't waste your money on this product.