Magic Mesh Screen Reviews

Easy custom fitting for your door opening can make these screens very helpful to keep insects out, but make it easy to get in and out for humans and pets. This guide contains Magic Mesh screen reviews.

Product: Magic Mesh

Cost: $19.95 + 7.95 shipping for each set

Anyone who watches TV has seen the commercials for the Magic Mesh screens. Well, I was trying to come up with a doggy door of some sort without cutting a hole in my glass door. After seeing this commercial so many times I finally decided to try it. It turned out to be a very good decision!

The screens come (and yes, you get "buy one, get one free") with Velcro tabs and black thumb tacks for hanging. To go over my glass door, I used the Velcro because I have vinyl siding and no place to push a thumb tack into. Just to be safe I added some more strips of industrial Velcro. I did this because that door gets a lot of hot sun (I hung them in June so they went through the hottest summer on record here in NC).

I did have to cut some off the bottom because they were too long, but that was easy with a simple pair of scissors. They work great. Fantastic! Wonderful! Amazing! (Can you tell I love them? LOL)

It only took once or twice of coaxing my dogs through them. Now they go in and out on their own with no problem. And yes, they close up right behind them. Now if they want to go out all I have to do is point to the kitchen (where the glass doors are) and tell them to go, and I don't have to get up at all. By now more times than not they go without even asking me anymore. The only time they ask is if I have forgotten to open the glass door.

And I can go in and out with my hands full and not have to worry about a million flies going in before I can get the door shut. I put the other set across the side door (laundry room door). So now I can have fresh air in there on nice days. I plan on getting another one to go across my front door. I only have a storm door there and would sure love to be able to have air coming through!

Magic Mesh is well worth ordering. I highly recommend it.

By Cricket from NC

Top Comment

galthomas, My glass doors are in my kitchen, and in the hot weather I have my kitchen and living room separated. The only room I cool during the day is the living room (bedroom at night but the glass doors are shut and locked then). So yes, I keep the doors open and they go in and out. Once the cold cold hits this winter I won't be leaving them open though. Only on days when it's not too cold, which we don't get the cold cold here all that much. The only time the doors are closed though are at night, when I leave to go someplace, or when it's super cold outside. Other than that they are open and the dogs can go in and out as they please.

lyonpridej, unfortunately I'm sure your cat would start going in and out just like my dogs do. That's the only drawback. That and if you had birds or other pets that you definitely wanted to keep indoors.

Deeli, that's exactly it. We had more 100+ days this summer than ever before on record. But like I said I keep the two rooms separated and even tho the kitchen stays hot (don't spend much time in there anyway) the one window a/c we have keeps it nice in the living room. But the way I have it set up, the dogs are able to come and go into the back yard. It was a life saver when I was flat on my back for many weeks from a fall.

I bought the screen that snaps shut with magnets for around ten dollars at the Dollar General to see how it worked. It was not even two days before the dogs and cats had it down, torn, and the furniture tacks that were helping to hold the screen in place were sharp point upwards right in front of the door. If someone had stepped on them, they would surely hurt really bad and need an ER trip.

They are very sharp and long.

My advice is not to use this product if there are any small children or pets. The least amount of pulling from the sides will dislodge the tacks and the material tears really easily. Then the young children could swallow the tacks. I will be putting up my panels on the pressure rods again this year.

By Robyn Fed from Tri-Cities, TN

Anonymous
Top Comment

Robyn, I feel badly for you that you chose to use the tack attachment rather than the self adhesive hook and loop strips that come with the Magic Mesh screens. The hook and loop strip is what I am using and it works great. If you still have the hook and loop strips from the original packaging you should use those instead so you don't have to worry if naughty children or pets pull them down. You can just put it back up without worrying about injury from stepping on the tacks.