FurnitureCleaning

Stains From Rawhide Dog Bone on Microfiber

Category Furniture

My puppy chewed his rawhide bone on my new dark brown microfiber sofa, I now have small white marks on the sofa, I have used a damp cloth to clean but it doesn't do anything. Is there any way to remove the white/light discoloration?

Thanks,
Denise from TX

Found this info on a web site...I remembered when I went shopping with my son for his new sofa, the salesman telling us it was very easy to keep clean...."Microfiber, by its very nature, is stain resistant. As a result, stain products like Scotch Guard or other fabric protection materials are usually unnecessary with this type of sofa. Some furniture retail outlets offer protection plans that will help with stain resistance, so if that is one of your big concerns, contact your retailer to see if a protection plan is right for you. For general cleaning, though, a drop or two of mild detergent, like dish soap or laundry detergent, combined with a bit of water should clean your microfiber sofa in no time. Odors like urine can be easily eliminated by blotting the stain with white vinegar and distilled water, applying baking soda, then vacuuming. For the most part, cleaning will be an easy process if it is true microfiber. Imposter materials, though, may be more difficult to clean.

I have that kind of sofa...try Folex stain remover (bottom shelf at walmart with the rug cleaners) It works great for rawhide on carpet, so I am sure it will work on that. It is safe for pets, and you just rub it in (test a hidden area first) Rawhide is a bugger to get rid of.

My son rented his house to some non-caring tenants and they let their dog eat red colored raw hide bones on his very light colored carpet. What is best for gettting this out, he has tried carpet cleaner and it got a lot of it out, but there is still quite a bit right in the middle of the room. What do you suggest.

Editor's Note: I'd try oxiclean on the spots.