Flavoring Old Dog Bones

Dogs will often lose interest in their rawhide bones after a time. You can try adding peanut butter in the crevices, boiling them in bouillon, or even tossing them into some of the stored food for a couple of days. This is a page about flavoring old dog bones.

Keeping those rawhide chew bones interesting: A clerk at the pet store told me that instead of throwing them out, she rubs a small amount of peanut butter on cleaned doggie rawhide chew bones. She then puts them in a plastic bag in the freezer overnight. In the morning, the dog acts as though it's a brand new chew.

I haven't tried this yet, but it's one more idea to keep those expensive chew bones looking good to a dog that has lost interest. Just watch out for the carpet - this may be more of an outdoors treat.

Source: A store clerk.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

My dog has some perfectly good dog bones (the chewy type you buy at the pet store) but he prefers the new $6.00 ones straight out of the package. Am thinking there may be something I can dip them in that will have a non-staining healthy flavored coating. Suggestions?

Holly from Richardson, TX

Answers

Best Answer

The last time I made bacon, I took my dogs 2 bone 'ends' he'd been neglecting and put them in the sink and poured the grease over them and let them drain for a few hours. He liked 'em again after that. I also found out that instead of giving him the small bones that he can eat one a day, i've been buying him the HUGE ones that last him a month LOL!

Pets Dogs AdviceApril 4, 2018
🌻
😷
🐛
👒
🐰

Generated 2020-04-10 10:00:53 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️