Flavoring Old Dog Bones

My dog has some perfectly good dog bones (the chewy type you buy at the pet store) but he prefers the new $6.00 ones straight out of the package. Am thinking there may be something I can dip them in that will have a non-staining healthy flavored coating. Suggestions?

Holly from Richardson, TX

Best Answer

The last time I made bacon, I took my dogs 2 bone 'ends' he'd been neglecting and put them in the sink and poured the grease over them and let them drain for a few hours. He liked 'em again after that. I also found out that instead of giving him the small bones that he can eat one a day, i've been buying him the HUGE ones that last him a month LOL!

By lane (Guest Post)

Try tossing them into the middle of the dog food bag or bin. Kinda gives them that "new Smell." Works with my mutts.

Lily - did you have a grease stain on the carpet after that?

By (Guest Post)

I put a little peanut butter in the folds of the old "chewies"--our dog loves them!

By Bekah (Guest Post)

Our standard poodle chews beef bones but stops after they lose flavor. It's expensive to buy new ones, so our breeder suggested boiling them with buillion cubes(the little flavor cubes used for soup).

We tried it and Lucy loved it!