Locating Recycling Centers for Plastics

I have a lot of PETE 1 boxes and some PS 6 plates and trays. The city of Gainesville does not recycle them. Does any one know where to recycle them?

Also, where can I recycle the plastic bags (not the shopping bags) like the package for cookies, chips, and snacks?

Please, I really don't want to just throw them away, and I don't want to drive all the way to Atlanta to drop them off.

By Ken Guan from Gainesville, FL

If your city does not recycle then you will just have to throw them away.

This would be a great opportunity to start pestering your neighbors and city officials to get a complete recycling program going in your area ;-) Also, have you asked the city of Gainsville where the next closest recycling center is other than Atlanta, Georgia? It would be hard for me to believe that there aren't other northern Florida cities or townships near you that don't recycle those items.

Many grocery stores that collect plastic shopping bags also collect the plastic wrappings from various foods. Ask them. (Wal-Mart, Kroger, and Tom Thumb do so in my area, along with Whole Foods and stores like that. Thanks for trying to do the right thing!

As for #1's, those area readily recyclable, but most recycling centers don't accept #6's because styrofoam and very hard plastics are in that category and for some reason aren't in a good re-buy market of recyclables.

Good luck!

Better Living Green Living Recycling PlasticJanuary 18, 2011
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-08 17:04:18 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

PlasticRecycling