BreadFood Tips

Can I Use Fresh Cranberries in a Bread Machine?

Can I substitute whole fresh cranberries for dried cranberries in a bread machine?

By Randy from FL

You would not want to, as the fresh are too wet, and much too tart. The dried are sweetened with sugar and very dehydrated, so any recipe for the bread machine would take that into consideration. Most measurements have to be very carefully done, otherwise it will not rise correctly, or too much-too soon, etc. It is better to find a recipe and follow it, but not to exchange fresh for dry.

One thing I have learned from my bread machine is that there is not much room to experiment! Raw cranberries are very tart, and moist, vs sweet dry ones. If you find an exact recipe for fresh ones then use it. Good luck.