Make and Freeze Extra Pie Dough

When you make a pie, make a double or triple batch of dough (it's the same amount of work) and freeze it in portions to thaw and roll for a quick dessert. Simplest is to roll it into a big flat circle, cut it into strips or shapes, and bake it like that. Then arrange the crisp crusts over individual bowls of berries or cooked fruit and ice cream.

Source: My Mom while I was growing up!

By Irishwitch from Aurora, CO

Make enough pie dough for several pies. Wrap it in freezer bags before freezing, and it will be handy and ready when the next pie craving hits! While pie crust is one of the many things easy to create, there are advantages for having that task out of the way before preparing the fruit to fill the crust.

DeBu
Past past-time chef

Answers:

Make Extra Pie Dough

I do this too. Also, I rub the fat into the flour and salt, put in a ziploc bag and put in the fridge. That way, its already chilled and only needs liquid adding and will last up to two weeks.

(08/31/2004)

By Anne

Food and Recipes Freezing Baked GoodsJanuary 10, 2011
🍀
💘