HealthPets

Getting Rid of Giardia Parasites in Yard

How do I rid my soil of parasites? My puppy contracted giardia and my yard is the only place she's been.

By Lita Hoyer from MI

Isn't giardia usually acquired via infected water? I didn't know it could be in soil, which would infect a puddle of course. If you have more information, I'd like to know more; my sis in law got it and was quite ill.

This link explains a lot about giardia and how an animal can get it; the most popular being contaminated water and eating feces. Near the bottom of the page, there's significantly more information that might be what you are needing to find out for treatment.

http://www.lowc  alth/giardia.htm

Do you have a tropical fish tank and empty water into the yard? I know of a child who contracted Giardia after taking a bath in the tub where the fish tank was emptied--

Giardia is a tropical parisite-so this is an interesting case to all of us Lab people

Correction
Giardia canis is what infects DOGs, Giardia lamblia is what infects people