FlooringHome Improvement

Kitchen Flooring Ideas

Can I use maple floor and oak cabinets?

By Kathie from Lancaster, PA

How about cherry wood, either engineered or solid wood? Here's a good primer on selecting floors.
www.oldhouseweb.com/.../the-right-wood.shtml

Of course. Using different woods is more visually appealing than having everything look the same. There's even been a trend to use more than one color wood on a single piece of furniture - a table top with different legs for example.

What kind and color of flooring should I use in my kitchen? I have salmon (pinkish) colored counter tops, white appliances, light maple (blond) cabinets, and a beige wall.

By yogajoni from Green Bay, WI

Answers:

Kitchen Flooring Ideas

It is sometimes difficult to match up ceramic floor tile because you have to be sure it matches the wall color, counter tops, etc. especially when you are trying to find something to match a color like salmon. Home Depot has a fairly new product that has a rubber backing and can be laid over any surface, even concrete or ceramic tile. It looks like wood but isn't and is made for areas where there could be water leaks like bathrooms, kitchens and basements. You might want to check that out if you want a floor that looks like wood. (05/18/2009)

By Joy

Kitchen Flooring Ideas

Pergo in a matching blonde color would be outstanding with a colorful rug in the center that has those colors, along with a new kitchen towel/pot holder set and a mirror to add a feeling of space. I placed a mirror over both my sink AND over my stove, giving me the feeling of having windows where there are none. It also gives me a chance to smooth my hair if I have unexpected guests at the door.

Pergo in a kitchen/ bath are outstanding and are very water-resistant. I tested it for a year on a table in the back yard and was amazed at how well it held up. Some pieces turned over and still held up without a bit of buckling.

It's wonderful, if you can afford it. I can't but I found a lot of scraps from folks who bought too much and left the excess on the curb for bulky item pickup or people who need it. God bless and help you. (05/23/2009)

By lynda

Kitchen Flooring Ideas

I have black laminate wood looking floors and I love them. Sounds like it could really set off your kitchen as well. My kitchen is black floors, black lower cabinets, cream upper cabinets, tan swirl tile backsplash, blond wood trim, with coffee latte walls. Gives a very fresh and up to date feel. (05/25/2009)

By Heather Kinsler