This quick Southern dish contains no added fat and very little added salt in its spicy tomato sauce.
1. Spray a deep skillet with nonstick spray coating. Preheat pan over high heat.
2. Cook chicken in hot skillet, stirring, for 3-5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Reduce heat.
3. Add tomatoes and their juice, low-sodium chili sauce, green pepper, celery, onion, garlic, basil, parsley, crushed red pepper, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
4. Serve over hot cooked rice or whole wheat pasta.
* You can substitute 1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips.
** To cut back on sodium, try low sodium canned tomatoes.
Yield: 4 servings--Serving Size: 1-1/2 cup
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 3 g
Saturated fat: less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 100 mg
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!