Fish Creole Recipes
Southern creole recipes are usually very spicy with garlic and hot peppers. This page contains fish creole recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Fish Creole made with vegetables, fish and a healthy soy sauce substitute, for those who have soy sauce sensitivities or who just don't like any kind of soy sauce. This recipe is simmered on the stove.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb boneless fish fillets cut into squares 1 inch thick
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce mixed with lukewarm water OR use 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/8 tsp hot red pepper sauce to taste
- 1 Tbsp butter or ghee
- 1 cup green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1. 10 10 oz. package frozen okra or peas
- 3 medium tomatoes
- Cut fish into 1 inch cubes and place in a bowl.
- Pour Worcestershire mixture OR soy sauce over fish and mix to coat well.
- Let fish sit for 10 minutes.
- While fish is sitting, cook onion, garlic, green pepper and hot sauce in butter or ghee until onion and pepper are tender.
- Stir in okra and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover, simmering 5 minutes.
- Stir in fish mixture, bring to a boil. If you're using peas, put them in now.
- Simmer 5-8 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- This recipe will make four servings.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.