Cleaning With a Steamer - Advice and Reviews?

We received this tip recently. "Steam for Soap Scum: For easiest removal of soap scum, use a steamer to dissolve it."

By gmor

Has anyone else used a steamer for cleaning? What cleaning projects are they good for and are their any brands that you would recommend?

By Mari (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I had a DeLonghi for about 5 years and burnt it up about 6 months ago. Absolutely worked the thing to death!!!! I now own a Eureka and love it as much. It does every cleaning job in the house, and the bonus is no chemicals! In just the bath, bathtub, sink and faucets, shower walls and floor, pullman hardware, painted walls (haven't tried the wallpapered ones yet), the lavatory inside and out, the window and frame, then lastly, the floor. SS is absolutely correct, you've never seen a whiter floor! I love it.

I would strongly recommend NOT using steam on wallpaper.
Only because that's how most people remove wallpaper.

By ss. (Guest Post)

I don't own a steamer but a friend does. I steamed part of her kitchen floor one day. Wow! The floor was white white.

She normally cleans it with a Swiffer type mop and doesn't usually look very clean. (I cant say anything). But the white on the floor really impressed me.

I own the Shark steam cleaner and I do love it, for those tough jobs, like cleaning the crevices in the high chair, around the faucets, etc. You'll be amazed at the dirt that comes off. However, the steamer wasn't cheap. I think I bought it at Bed Bath and Beyond with the 20% off coupon.

By tambi (Guest Post)

Also a quick, efficient method to clean blinds; you don't have to take them down, just extend to full length, steam, run over with a rag if they were extra dirty and wipe up any spillage from the window sill.

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsJune 1, 2005
🍀
🌻
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf511366.tip.html