Repairing a Chipped Ceramic Tile

How do you repair ceramic tile without having to remove the whole tile? I would like to have the repaired spot look the same color.

By M. Morris

I have often done this, but I do a lot of crafts and have all the supplies on hand. It could be more difficult if you had to buy all the supplies (and buy a matching colour without having a sample to take with you). I fill the crack or chip with air-hardening clay (slightly over-filling as it does shrink a bit as it dries. When it is dry, I sand the filling level with the surface of the tile, then mix a colour to match with my acrylic artists paints. After painting (usually 2 coats, depending on the coverage), I apply a matching varnish (gloss or low sheen according to the finish on the tile).

In place of air-drying clay, you could also use another filler, whatever you have on hand.