Spray Fixative for Glitter?

I'd like to know if there's a spray that I can apply over my cards to set glitter that I have applied over glue. Seems like even after the glue dries, some of the glitter rubs off.


Thanks for any advice.

By Mary from Payson, AZ

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

November 9, 20090 found this helpful

There is some kind of a fixative that you can buy at art supply stores that artists use on their charcol and pastel drawings. I can't remember what it is called. In a pinch I have also used aerosal hair spray.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
November 10, 20090 found this helpful

Thanks! That sounds just like what I need. I was told today that I may need to use Diamond Glaze when putting down a base for my glitter. That could be my problem also. I was using a quickie glue pen and it could've been my glue. But it's great to know that there is a fixative out there that I can use. Have a great day and thanks for replying! Mary

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
November 12, 20090 found this helpful

Here are some of the things I do.First off I use a very fine glitter,it looks nicer and holds better. I use glitter glue, use a clear glue then add glitter, then spray with a light coat of clear spray paint (Walmart). You can also press your glitter in after it sets for a while, do this before it drys. Use a sheet of wax paper or plastic wrap, put on you card and press the glitter in. With this you have to be careful not to move the paper around to much. Just press straight down. I have been putting glitter on cards (cheap cards - to make them fancy cards) for about 20 years.


I would put glitter on everything if I could. LOL I love the stuff. I also sell glitter and the "Diamond Glaze", on eBay. Here is a link to my store - - you will probably have to copy and paste the address. Or you can just go to eBay and put my store name in under stores. My store name is - stuffbydavid - put it in just like that. Come and visit, I have .99 sales all the time. I hope some of this helps you.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
November 16, 20090 found this helpful

You can use hair spray but only if this isn't something that's going to be kept for years, hair spray will eventually yellow. look in the artists section of your store and use the fixative they use for chalks and such. If this is just for cards that will be thrown away after the holidays then just use hair spray.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!


In This Page
Crafts AdviceNovember 9, 2009
Pest Control
Mother's Day Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2021-04-09 07:13:29 in 1 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.