AdviceHealth & Beauty

Wrong Health Insurance Plan

I have been dealing with my health insurance to no avail. My sister and I wrote a letter to the insurance commissioner trying to get help and that could take weeks. The insurance company has me listed in the wrong plan. I have a letter from them stating I am in the right plan. The bill I am getting is for the wrong plan. So therefore they think I owe $400 per month when it is really $195 per month.


We are afraid they will cut me off and then I will have nothing and it will be their fault. Any suggestions would be helpful. I work 2 jobs so a lawyer would be very difficult to come by. My prescriptions are more than they should be.

Sandy from Baltimore

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

October 31, 20070 found this helpful

In these sort of cases, I have had luck going through my local elected officials (city councilmembers, legislators). They all have local field offices staffed with people who know how to cut through red tape and exactly where to go to get action. I suggest you try that. And keep on writing the insurance company, keeping copies of EVERYTHING on file. And everytime you get something from the insurance company respond with a packet including ALL your correspondence.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
November 1, 20070 found this helpful

I believe all states have an insurance commissioner. Get on your state's website and get the address and phone number to contact that office.


They should be able to help you and the state commissioner would carry more clout than local officials. Good luck.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
November 1, 20070 found this helpful

The 2 previous suggestions are right in the money, however another important thing to do is take lots of notes during any phone conversations! Be sure to record the first and last name of the persone to whom you, spoke as well as the date and time of the conversation. This comes in handy more times than you can imagine. I use this practice for all converastions with any business. Good luck!

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
By Miss Jen (Guest Post)
November 2, 20070 found this helpful

If these ideas don't work call your HR department at work and request a number for a Health Advocate. They are a 3rd party that can debate on your behalf with an insurance company.


They are very good at cutting thru the red tape and getting to the bottom of things rather quickly. Good luck.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
November 3, 20070 found this helpful

That is another problem. I have to pay for my insurance as neither of my jobs offer it.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
By Sallie (Guest Post)
November 3, 20070 found this helpful

Maybe you could call a TV station that has a trouble-shooting department that helps people with problems like that. I know they do in Tampa, FL.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Health & Beauty AdviceOctober 31, 2007
Back to School Ideas!
Pest Control
Summer Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2019 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2019/08/06 12:56:43 in 765 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️
Loading Something Awesome!