SewingCrafts

Shopping for a Used Bernina Sewing Machine

I am looking for an old model Bernina sewing machine, model 830. I think this model was made in 1970. I have not seen this particular model in sewing centers that sell them and it is out of my budget on eBay. Other than yard sales, does anyone have any suggestions on where I might find one to purchase? Thanks! I live in a small area, and the thrift stores around here haven't had that particular item.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

Have you tried Craigslist or just google Bernina Sewing Machine and see what you get?

I've looked on craigslist and did see a post or two, but then I read a warning someone had posted that stated some posts for that were suspected to be a scam, so I don't know if it is real or not. I have googled Bernina and haven't had any luck with that. Thanks for the suggestions.