BathroomMake Your Own

Put Toilet Paper in a Tissue Box

Category Bathroom

To save money on Kleenex, I refilled an empty square Kleenex box with a roll of toilet tissue. Just carefully open the side seam on the box. Then pull the cardboard roll out from the center of a roll of toilet tissue. Pull the paper out from the center and thread it from inside the box out through the top. Then insert the roll into the box, fold the flaps back and tape to secure. Just pull out what you need. Much more economical than Kleenex. And softer than the cheaper brands of tissues.

By Harlean from Arkansas

This is a great idea but I get my Kleenex or Puffs at the Dollar Tree and sometimes Walmart brand is is even less. They are always soft and toilet tissue doesn't come much less if it is a good soft tissue.

This idea intrigued me so I figured out how much it would cost per "box".

Although I can't tell whether or not the TP lasts as long or longer than a box of kleenex, the costs of dollar store kleenex is $1 and I buy 12 double rolls of TP for between $5 and $9 depending on whether or not it's on sale. Even at $9, this TP is less expensive per sheet than all the other TP.

It would cost between 42 and 75 cents to fill a kleenex box with a roll of TP, which at worst is still 25 cents LESS than the new box of kleenex.

Kudos to this idea! I use handkerchiefs but can't get my kids to, so this is great!

Tissues in the small square boxes are convenient but a bit more expensive than the regular long boxes of tissue. So I have learned you can buy the larger box of tissues take about 1/3 of the tissues off of the top of the stack (I buy the pop up tissues) Fold them in half, open the smaller box and slide in the bundle of tissues, a tiny piece of tape will hold it shut until the next refill. I also have some of the plastic tissue holders and just throw the boxes away and slide the bundle of tissues up in the holder. This works great as long as it is left sit in one place.

By Carol

I'd like to give this a try! I also like the tip on buyer the larger boxes and folding...In the past, I have used my discarded tissue boxes for used dryer sheets and lint from my dryer. When it's full, toss it.....

WHAT A CLEVER IDEA

I will have to try this...aren't more heads better than one?

Have a Happy Day!