Removing Wallpaper Border?

How do you remove wallpaper border?

By CORKY WOLF

It depends on the type of wallpaper, the kind of wallpaper with the glue already on it can be removed easily by wetting it down well. It will slide right off.

If it is the kind that has paste applied, then you might need to use a steamer. You can buy a small gadget that you roll over the paper and it puts small slits in it, then all you have to do is steam it and it will come off easily with a dull scraper.

After removing the paper, be sure to wash the wall well with hot soapy water, rinse, and dry before you paint or put up different paper.

I swear by DIF. It's available at Lowe's for about $5 a bottle and it makes life so much easier. I spray it on and use my fingers to rub it onto the entire surface. Within, 15 minutes the paper comes off in one piece.

Sometimes a little glue will remain and I use a plastic putty knife but another dose of DIF will take it right off. I don't score the paper either. Some people swear by fabric softener and hot water but that has not worked for me. Good luck!

Home and Garden Home Improvement WallpaperMarch 14, 2011
🎉
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf52870692.tip.html