Tips For Smooth Fudge

Before putting ingredients in pan, butter the sides of pan or spray with Pam. When your fudge starts to boil, cover pan with lid for a couple of minutes and then remove. I also wash sugar from the spoon you first stirred with. I have made fudge for many years and it is never grainy. I hope this helps.

By Faye Moore from White, GA

Top Comment

I too was taught to "not stir" my fudge after it begins to boil. For some reason, it makes it grainy. I've never put a lid on it but I assume this is a good way to keep one from stirring. :) I'll try using a lid to see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the tip!

My recipe foams up. So I have to watch it and adjust the. Could it get too hot?

But it says to stir constantly! I'm a senior & thought maybe my stirring arm had gotten weak. Had crumbly horrible disappointing fudge today & followed instructions.

Poured in chocolate chips after boiling 5 min & by the time I reached for the vanilla, it was like cement already!

Thank you. I am going to make my first batch of fudge in a few days. I will do this.

Anonymous

Thanks for this information. I have made the same recipe of Peanut Butter Fudge for years and just the last few times has it been grainy.

Thank so much for your answer! Can you please tell me what you mean by "wash sugar"?

Do you stir prior to covering pan?