AdviceHome Improvement
To Top

Finding Legs and a Spigot for a Vintage Sink

We bought a beautiful blue wall mount bathroom sink at a salvage store. It appears to be vintage 1940's. The spigot and hot/cold controls are there, but we don't know if they work. The problem is twofold: Where can we find the chrome support legs it needs? I've looked all over the internet. And also, the original spigot only sticks out about 1 1/2 inches, not very useable. The faucet mounts on the VERTICAL back of the sink, again not able to find anything online. This seems to be a rare design.


Elizabeth from Flint, MI

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

July 17, 20060 found this helpful

You could try a company called Van Dyke's Restorers, the number on my catalog is 1-800-558-1234.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
July 23, 20060 found this helpful

How about if you just use replicas or copies of vintage faucets? I have some installed in a sink and they look fine, work great and the wonderful thing is that parts are still being made should they be needed.
As far as the legs go, suggest you find an old sideboard, plop the sink in the middle of it and build a frame around it.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceJuly 16, 2006
Stainless Steel Sink
Removing Rust from a Stainless Steel Sink
dining room chairs
Finding Caps for Chair Legs
A woman caulking around a kitchen sink.
Caulking Around a Sink
Twitching legs, lying in bed.
Remedies for Twitching Legs
Birthday Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by .

Generated 2017/09/21 00:10:30 in 464 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️
Loading Something Awesome!