LaundryCleaning

Chicken Noodle Soup Stain On Blue T-Shirt

My daughter got a large yellow stain on her shirt while she was eating Lipton chicken noodle soup. I have tried several things unsuccessfully, the yellow base in the chicken bouillon seems impossible to remove. HELP! This shirt was only worn once! It is 100% cotton (t-shirt material) and it is blue so I am unable to use bleach, any ideas?

Michelle from Manitoba

I would try rubbing talcum or baby powder into the stain with a toothbrush. Repeat until it is gone.

Until you contact the soup company for a suggestion, keep it soaking in cool water and do not let it dry out.
If it is going to be trash, try soaking it overnight in Oxyclean (follow directions on the package).

My favorite product ever is simple green. It is non toxic and biodegradable. It seems expensive compared to other cleaners but it is a concentrate that you dilute into your own spray bottle so it works out to be as cheap as generic cleaner. It can be used everywhere from kitchen, bathroom, garage, and even as a laundry additive.

On the spray nozzle it has a pullout tip that makes the cleaner come out as foam as a stain treatment for carpet and fabric. It works so good it even got out bright orange mac and cheese sauce out of my sons shorts. Check out the simple green web site for a dollar off coupon.

By Sallie (Guest Post)

Have you tried "GOJO"? I use it on all stains.and they've all come out so far. I don't know if it'll work on old stains, but it sure is worth a try. GOJO is a hand cleanser for mechanics and such. Just glob it on, smash it to be sure it goes all the way through the cloth, roll it up, and let it set for a while (I just put it in the laundry basket till I wash clothes -- up to a week).

My 'secret weapon' is Shout!
This seems to get out every stain I've encountered -- even Lipton's Soup!

For a really stubborn stain, I've sprayed the item with Shout, and then rubbed it with Sunlight Bar Soap, and let it sit a few hours, sometimes repeating the process.
I've always had success with this!

Try spray and wash.