Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipe

Does anyone have a suggestion for a tried and true homemade DRY carpet cleaner?

Wanda Paul from Fincastle, VA

By Knowitall (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Get some bicarb soda, pour into resealable plastic pouch, add a few drops of lemon essential oil, close the bag and knead for a minute. Let rest for 1 hr, then sprinkle on your carpet (try on inconspicuous corner first to see if the carpet is color fast). work in with a scrubber and let sit for 2 hours, then vacuum thoroughly.

I used to freshen up carpets while I was working as a massage therapist and the salon owner insisted on carpet underneath the tables. This stuff got the oil stains out, the colors were much brighter and the scent is very uplifting. You could use other essential oils as well, but if you have pets, be cautious. Some of the oils are hard to digest for example for cats and can cause liver damage, as they accumulate. Lemon oil, to my knowledge, is safe to use around the house though.

Where do I get lemon essential oil, and is this just for scent? Can I use just plain lemon juice? Thanks

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Carpet RecipesSeptember 11, 2007
😎
🌻
📓
🐛